1098 vs 1275

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1098 vs 1275
From: jim wright <wrightjg@the-bridge.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 20:03:36 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Thank you all for the information I've received while monitoring
"Spridgets" over the past few months.
I have a 65 Sprite that will be back on the road.
I've been reading the messages back and forth and have priced 1275
motors for the added power over my 1098 mill.  I'm now reading in
"Original Sprite and Midget" that the 1098 with the 2 inch mains, can be
modified to a 10.5:1 comp. ratio to deliver 74bhp @ 6,000 rpm.
Has anyone had any experience with reconfiguring the 1098 to these
specs?
Why would I want to buy a 1275, if I can modify my 1098 (assuming I can
find a starter to crank it over)?

Thanks,

Jim