Re: 1098 vs 1275

To: jim wright <wrightjg@the-bridge.net>
Subject: Re: 1098 vs 1275
From: Les Myer <lmyer@sprynet.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 21:56:30 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jim,

10.5 to 1 compression would be a bit much for pump gas these days (IMHO).

The unmodified 1275 would have more torque across the board and would be a
lot snappier during everyday driving.  Horsepower is a function of torque
and rpm, while torque is the actual power delivered at any given moment.
Although torque can be increased a little by certain mods, reaching an
equivalent horsepower to a 1275 with a 1098 would require much higher rpms.
 Unless you plan to spin that 1098 high, you would probably be more
satisfied with the bigger engine.

Les