Re: trans drain plug tool

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: trans drain plug tool
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 19:08:36 -0500
Cc: chasdoug@gte.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

David Ramsey wrote:

> Hi Chas,
>         I have invented a high tech tool that aids in the removal and
>replacement of the tranmision fill plug.
>

> > I replaced the gearbox oil with synthetic 75w-90.  Very nice change!
> > Thanks for the suggestion, whoever it was that mentioned it.  Smoother
> > shifting and quieter when hot.  One of the nicest easy (other than
> > getting that damn fill plug started back on it's threads) changes I've
> > made for driveability.
>
>         I will be selling these "Pat Pend" tools for the low cost of 29.95 +
>shipping,  as soon as the tooling is done.  This special tool consists of a 2"
>piece of high tech 5\8" rubber hose "heater or garden".  All you need to to do
>is loosen the drain plug with socket wrench and place the special tool on the
>plug and remove by hand,  to replace the drain plug you just place the special
>tool "Pat Pend" and drain plug on the transmision and hand tighten, remove the
>tool and snug-up the plug with  the socket wrench.
>         At this time I have several hundred of these tools in stock (the end
>of my 5/8" sears garden hose got run over by my bug-i).  However shipping will
>be delayed about 6 months, because I am waiting for the paper  "Made in
>England" stickers to arrive from England.
>                         Crash

 Crash

Let's work out a partnership!
I have a whole bunch of  "Country of Origin UK" stickers.

BTW if you reach up from under the car the filler plug goes on much easier.
I know it sounds dumb but from the underside right side of the car you can
easily reach the filler plug and start it by hand.

--
Frank Clarici
Seeing all of you at Sprite Rush 98