Re: Removing !@#!!% Crankshaft Nut

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Subject: Re: Removing !@#!!% Crankshaft Nut
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 11:02:28 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Matt,

I had the same problem with my 1500.  I even had a 350 pound guy help out with
the pry bar.  About all I got accomplished was being catapulted off the block.
Anyway, I started looking closely at the nut and found that a PO had WELDED the
nut to the crank, or at least a strong solder.  So I took it to Pep Boys along
with my socket and they used an air tool and broke it free with no problems.
Hope that helps!

adrian

--
J. Adrian Barnes