Re: Removing !@#!!% Crankshaft Nut

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Removing !@#!!% Crankshaft Nut
From: b-evans@ix.netcom.com
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:23:11 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Matt...

Don't worry, I had EXACTLY the same problem a few months ago when
stripping an engine I had had sitting around for a few years.  Here are
some suggestions:

1.  Soak it in penetrating oils and potions.
2.  Use a big breaker bar.
3.  Use a big breaker bar with the crank blocked with a piece of wood.
4.  Use an impact wrench.
5.  Use an impact wrench with the crank blocked with a piece of wood.
6.  Heat the nut cherry red and try #2 through #5.
7.  Use a Fleet enema and try to blast the sucker out.

Having tried them all, I rolled the engine back under a bench and
flossed my teeth.

Bob Evans
Anaheim, California