re: Question about reversing lights

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Question about reversing lights
From: CONAN@RALVM8.VNET.IBM.COM
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 98 18:45:45 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>>exactly.  great.  I guess this means I may have to buy a new gearbox top
>>cover?  bleh.

  IF you're not looking for total originality but just want the lights
working, it would probably be cheaper (and -much- easier) to just add a
toggle switch under the dash somewhere convenient and operate the reversing
lights manually until someday when you HAVE to pull the transmission anyway.
Might even use the original wires depending on the electrical layout design.
  I'd recommend a warning light along with the toggle switch so you won't
forget to turn 'em off again. ;-)
      Ed in NC