Soft top header rail installation

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Soft top header rail installation
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 20:28:48 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Wondering if anyone can help me with a soft top install question.  I just
bought a 1974 Midget with a new top.  Only thing is, the owner handed me a
header rail, weather strip and said "never got around to putting this on."
Ok, no big deal I think.  I buy a pop rivet gun, some rivets and start to
work.  No joy.  I either:

a) have completely forgotten how to use a riven gun
b) have a lousy cheapo gun
c) have the wrong sized rivets

Usually, I'd be very willing to blame (a).  However, this time I'm not so
sure.  Away from the header rail I got the gun to pop off a rivet.  But the
rivet doesn't seem to have spread enough to actually hold my top on.  Also,
it took me 4 or 5 squeezes of the gun before it popped.

Does anyone know what size rivets are required?  Any other suggestions?
How about small bolts, washers and nuts?  :)

Thanks for any help.
Philip
'74 Midget