Re: Tire

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Tire
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 17:34:28 -0400
Cc: "Elliott, Patrick" <PElliott@attws-wr.swest.attws.com>, "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ulix Goettsch wrote:

> 145-13 is closest to original and looks best on a stock car IMHO.
> Recently I've been thinking if I had an early car like you in original
> condition, I would go for the original bias-ply tires.
> I think the original Dunlog Gold Seal tires are available again.
>
> This would make the car feel just like it did when it was new.  It might
> actually increase the fun by reducing roadholding and making for
> predictable low speed drifts!
>
> Ulix

Ulix

Have you driven on bias ply tires lately?
It's a wonder we are all still here! I had the opportunity to drive an
old chevy a few weeks ago and it still had bias ply tires.
What a mess!!!
How soon we forget how far tires have come in recent decades.

Back to the thread, 145/80 13s are stock Spridget tires
155/80s fit fine as do 165/70s (my preference)
Bias plys should be reserved for trailer queens.

Frank