RE: Tire

To: "'Phil Vanner'" <pvanner@pclink.com>
Subject: RE: Tire
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:47:27 -0500
Cc: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Phil,

My '63 Mini Cooper came on some vintage 1979 Michelin XZXs (in 1992..),
rock hard and showing the beginning of dry rot.  The car was a real hoot at
40 mph around town.... but the tire tread starting chunking when I tried to
slalom on concrete with the Jag club (still beat most of them anyway  :)

Putting A008s on the car meant that I had to rely on horsepower for the
fun... and with only 55hp originally and a tired engine...  it handles
better than it accelerates now.

Still though.... it's a blast at legal speeds!

Jim
(sorry to drag a Mini into the conversation... although it is second cousin
to the Sprite!)