Possible Tow Vehicles

To: "Team.Net" <autox@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Possible Tow Vehicles
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:37:20 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have a 1960 Bugeye, on a lightweight single axle tilt trailer -
total weight about 2000#.

I am an old-time Dodge fan, and am leaning towards a Ramcharger
2wd or Dodge Pickup, 318 V-8 and automatic.

However, one friend suggested an S-10 Blazer with the 4.3 liter
V-6.

Are they reliable? Does this engine with automatic have enough
torque? Will these automatics stand up under towing?

I seem to see a number of those advertised in here Phoenix
Arizona with "new engine" in only a 1988-90 vehicle, which makes
me wonder. I know the smaller V-6 will not be sufficient.

Thanks for experiences and opinions.

Scott Meyers
On the hunt for a good tow vehicle....