Re: Too Many Messages?

To: "Daryl and Jennifer May" <mayfam@sprynet.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Too Many Messages?
From: "Rick Kaplan" <rkaplan@us.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 10:03:30 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
-----Original Message-----
From: Daryl and Jennifer May <mayfam@sprynet.com>
To: spridgets@autox.team.net <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, September 23, 1998 12:29 AM
Subject: Too Many Messages?

>I counted 104 messages in the last 24 hours.  Much as I like most of the
>content, I sense the trend is up, and that too much of a good think isn't
>as good as less.
>
>Could we start a discussion on what could keep the total within limits?
>Examples:
>
>1.  If we have a private message, send it to just the recipient.
>
>2.  Keep all messages to the topic of spridgets.
>
>Notwithstanding this, I find the List more user-friendly than a Bulletin
>Board.  Is there a way to make the traffic flow better, or am I alone with
>this concern?
>
>Daryl

Daryl:

I Agree with you.  I have been on the verge of un-subscribing  to the list
for the deluge of messages.  Rather than limit the content, I would propose
converting the list into a usenet group("rec.autos.spridgets").  One of the
advantages of a newsgroup is, you can see what is going on when you want to,
rather than it coming to you via e-mail.

Rick