Re: Too Many Messages?

To: Rick Kaplan <rkaplan@us.net>
Subject: Re: Too Many Messages?
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 01:36:31 -0400
Cc: Daryl and Jennifer May <mayfam@sprynet.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Rick Kaplan wrote:
> I Agree with you.  I have been on the verge of un-subscribing  to the list
> for the deluge of messages.  Rather than limit the content, I would propose
> converting the list into a usenet group("rec.autos.spridgets").  One of the
> advantages of a newsgroup is, you can see what is going on when you want to,

  Plus, you get to MAKE MONEY FAST!

  In all seriousness, moving to a newsgroup blocks out most
of the subscribers. Even those with news access often don't
get all the groups they want, or the groups appear to be
there but get a small fraction of the actual postings, etc.

  I don't think anyone should be TOO inconvenienced in down
downloading 200 of them only requires one trip to the fridge
for a beverage.

  Reading them all is another story. For that, I highly
suggestion a mail reader that supports sorting and
threading. That way all your spridget mail appears in
a seperate folder, so you can still function with
normal email. As well, since it's threaded, it's way
easy to say "who cares" when the thread gets stupid
and wipe them all in a keystroke.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca