Sway Bars.

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sway Bars.
From: Andrew Griffith <Andrew.Griffith@ReadRite.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:33:59 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello again,
I'm also shopping for a front sway bar for my '62 MK2 Sprite and I'm
wondering about the size vs. cost considerations. Currently the car
doesn't have one at all.
I've seen a few people and salvage yards selling the used factory ½"
ones from $25 to $5, but could these be tired and worn out? Do these
bars wear out?
If I spend the money and buy a new thicker one, ¾ or 7/8", what
difference could I expect from slightly aggressively road driving over a
used ½" bar?
I would expect that I will see a big difference from no bar at all to
any size bar, but are the new ones worth it if I'm not racing on a
track?

As always your advice is always appreciated,

Drew