Re: a Very Sad thing

To: dannyr@flint.umich.edu, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: a Very Sad thing
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 07:32:58 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sorry, Danny, but I must disagree.  MOST people have no idea how to DRIVE a
car.  I live at very busy intersection and watch the sometimes comedy,
sometimes carnage, all the time out my window.  Had a drunk who came by at
3:00 a.m. and took out a traffic light.  BOY did that noise wake me up.  I
looked out the window and he was standing there, looking at the downed light,
scratching his head.  I called 911, as I do about six times a year.

I FREQUENTLY watch people pull up to the light, WAAAAYYYYY past the stop line,
and then they have to figure out how to make the car go BACKWARDS so a truck
can make the turn!  Can you imagine, the car can actually go BACKWARDS, if you
put the thingy at the "R"!!  Most of them can't back up in a straight line for
six feet!

Every teenage driver should be sent to at least an SCCA sanctioned driving
school.  Bondurant's school would be better!  A plea from a parent to all
listers...Teach you kids how to drive properly, even if they show no interest
in your beloved LBC.  Defensive driving comes naturally if you have ever
driven in an autocross.

Allen Hefner (Getting down of his soapbox! (Goose down, I think.))
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

In a message dated 10/23/98 10:18:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,