Re: Clutch problem - not disengaging

To: Guy@weller-lakes.freeserve.co.uk, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clutch problem - not disengaging
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 11:00:52 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Guy,

I am no clutch expert but physics would tell me that if you replaced the slave
cyl. with one of larger interior volume, you would also have to replace the
master cyl. or it will not put out enough fluid to move the new, larger slave
piston enough to disengage the clutch disk fully.  Perhaps your PO replaced
both cylinders at one time.  See if the master cyl. is of orginal spec. (i.e.
is it the same as originally fitted on your car) or if it matches the years
that the 7/8" slave cyl. was used.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport