Re: Clutch problem - not disengaging

To: pasgeirsson@juno.com (Paul A Asgeirsson)
Subject: Re: Clutch problem - not disengaging
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 08:48:44 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Paul,
        I believe you're correct. The intention of the chart was to show what
slave was on the Datsun with what Datsun master demonstrating that using a
Midget master would yield a much different pedal as some people had
complained of a stiff pedal with little "feel". Both manufacturers want a
smaller ID of master v. slave. This would not be the case using the 210
slave and any Midget master. Apparently the 210 "kits" use a Datsun truck
slave which is bigger, but still isn't in the same proportion. I'm not an
engineer, just have the resources for the data hoping it helps.
Cheers   Peter C
---------------------
At 10:06 PM 11/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>With the ratios "backwards", this should make it so there is a greater
>movement on the slave, not less.  You are filling a smaller slave with a
>larger master.
>>Paul
>>PAsgeirsson@juno.com
>-----------
>On Mon, 09 Nov 1998 17:36:29 -0800 Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com> writes:
>>Here are some diametrical dimensions that may be pertinent: (from a
>>prior
>>discussion)
>>      1979 - 82 Datsun 210 5-speed
>>                      master bore .625
>>                      slave  bore  .6875
>>                      master ..875
>>                      slave     .875
>>                      master  .75
>>                      slave     .875
>>              67-74
>>                      master  .70
>>                      slave    1.00
>>                       75-80
>>                      master  .70
>>                      slave     .875
>>backwards
>>with any Spridget master.
>>Peter C

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti
(the Sprite with an accent)
among other LBCs and 4WDBCs
Contact for: The Columbia County Bonspiel
        Curling on 13 sheets @ 5 clubs in WI
        Feb 5 - 7 1999