Re: Midget Gt

To: john.kahoon@juno.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Midget Gt
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 08:47:56 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 12/5/98 4:03:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
john.kahoon@juno.com writes:

<< Could someone have put a 6 cyl. spitfire motor in a midget ? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nope.  Spitfire never came with a 6.  That was the GT-6.  Same frame and
interchangeable body parts, except you need the GT-6 bonnet to fit over the 6
cyl. engine.  Lots of Spit owners put the 6 in thier cars to have the higher
performance in an open body.  I always wondered why Triumph never thought of
that!

The original racing Spitfire was a fixed head fastback that looks a lot like
the GT-6.

Enough TR stuff on the Spridgets list.  Pardon my indiscretion.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport