Re: Midget Gt

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Midget Gt
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 11:49:59 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 12/6/98 9:29:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Lancer7676@aol.com writes:

<< Well then. . . .Since the Midget 1500 is the Spitfire engine, is it
possible
 and feasible to put the GT-6 into the Midget? >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anything is possible!  I don't have enough contacts to know how often this was
done, but you would think we would hear more on the list if there are many GT6
engines in Midgets around.

After reading some of the other posts, I would agree that the extra weight of
the 6 would require a lot of suspension changes.  I know that the engine
compartment of the GT6 is much different from the Spitfire to accommodate the
larger engine, and the engine compartment in my 1500 Midget is tight enough!
The frames on the GT6 and Spitfire were the same (I believe), but they may
have adjusted the cross members a bit for the longer block.  And I know the
bonnet had to be changed to the one with a buldge to fit the intakes.

Maybe you could graft a GT6 front end on the Midget body!  Good luck with that
one!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport