Re: Midget Gt

To: jennifer l kahoon <john.kahoon@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Midget Gt
From: Rick/Carolyn <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 1998 14:29:42 -0800
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi John,

I believe, the phrase "anything is posible if you have the money for
it."  Actually a Spitfire frame is also used on the Triumph GT6, a six
cylinder powered car.  Have been told the body's are interchangeable.
In fact, I have a friend who is installing a GT6 engine on a spit
frame/body presently.  Just have to replace the bonnet.  So if it fits
the spit, it would seem to me to fit a Spridget with some front end
modification to make room for the valve cover.  Kind of like a MGC.

Boy this car would fly, as the GT6 was a very quick car.  I use to beat
911's in mine all the time.

Rick

--
52 MGTD,Sparky    74 MGB, B-tris    76 XJ12 Coupe, Jacque
60 Bugeye, Puddles      58 MGA Coupe, Ruby