Alternative seats for Spridgets

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Alternative seats for Spridgets
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 14:35:52 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello all,

I am wondering what seats people have succesfully installed in their
Spridgets.  I am looking for something a little more high performance
than the stock 74 - 73seats.

I've looked at full on racing seats, but they'd be near impossible to get
in and out of.

The criteria:

Traditional looking
Narrow enough at the rear to allow a roll bar all the way to the floor
and still get the seat back to the bulkhead for leg room.
Accept a 5 point harness
Full length with head rest would be nice, but not mandatory since I can
mount a pad to the roll bar.
Seat can be fixed in place (Oops you don't fit...i guess you can't
drive..too bad  ;^')   )

Really what I need is one step shy of a full on race seat that will fit a
spridget.

Maybe a Honda Civic SI seat?  ANy ideas??

Thanks in advance!!

Richard L. Bergstrom
Central Virginia British Car Club
Richmond, VA