Re: Dip stick spacer.

To: "Noel, William M" <noel@BATTELLE.ORG>
Subject: Re: Dip stick spacer.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 17:54:19 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Noel, William M wrote:
.  Seems I recall reading that
> there is a felt/wool spacer that fits around the dipstick and seals the
> tube.  Is this correct?
>
> I have looked at the catalogs that I have and don't see a part like

I can only speak for 1275s here.
The dipsticks did have a thin rubber pad. They are about 3/16" thick.
An assortment of plumbing faucet washers will provide something useable.
(not Concours or original but for less then a buck you can buy package
of them.) If you have a friendly hardware store nearby, ask them if you
can pick one out of their bin. It should only cost about a dime or so.
Take the dipstick with you, it needs to fit tight enough so it will not
fall off when you check the oil. Get the flat kind not the cone shaped
faucet washers.

Good luck
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ