Re: $30,000 Bugeye

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: $30,000 Bugeye
From: M Brouillette <mbrouill@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 10:31:26 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I know a gentleman who has a 67 Sprite in a warehouse that took it in
partial trade for some land in 69 with 27K miles on it, and wants $20,000
for it cause "he's heard those Austin Healeys are selling for up to $50K,
and I don't want to be short changed".  Now, this car has not been started
since 69, and it's been buried in the warehouse collecting dust.  I've
tried to explain about big Healey vs the little guys and Bugeyes vs the
others, but he doesn't want to hear any of that.  He's in his 80s and set
in his ways, and doesn't need the cash...

  Maybe $5K at best for this car?  That sound right?