Re: $30,000 Bugeye

To: M Brouillette <mbrouill@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: $30,000 Bugeye
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 09:54:39 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi M.

There was a very similar case being discussed on this list recently and we
agreed that a car like that is not worth as much as one might think.
It will need a lot of $ to get it running again.
All hydraulics will be shot, all hoses, all diaphragms, probably the fuel
tank, maybe all rubber pieces, the engine probably needs to be
disassembled to make sure there is no rust on the crank etc. before it is
started....
Almost a full restoration is probably required.

Ulix

On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, M Brouillette wrote:

> I know a gentleman who has a 67 Sprite in a warehouse that took it in
> partial trade for some land in 69 with 27K miles on it, and wants $20,000
> for it cause "he's heard those Austin Healeys are selling for up to $50K,
> and I don't want to be short changed".  Now, this car has not been started
> since 69, and it's been buried in the warehouse collecting dust.  I've
> tried to explain about big Healey vs the little guys and Bugeyes vs the
> others, but he doesn't want to hear any of that.  He's in his 80s and set
> in his ways, and doesn't need the cash...
>
>   Maybe $5K at best for this car?  That sound right?
>

> At 10:00 AM 1/6/99 EST, JustBrits@aol.com wrote:
> >In a message dated 1/5/99 8:45:39 PM Central Standard Time,
> dthompso@total.net
> >writes:
> >
> ><< but for Chr*st sake, drive the d*mn
> > car!! >>