Re: Fiberglass Floorboards (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)

To: Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fiberglass Floorboards (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:09:27 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/17/99 8:57:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Lancer7676@aol.com writes:

<< << Corroless from Eastwood.
  I hope it works as well as POR15.  >>

 What is the difference betweed these products and the EXTEND etching primer
 type products.  I use a lot of the EXTEND type product--Just wondering.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

David,

I will have to defer to the experience of the "Revered Spridgets Listers" on
this one.  Corroless is less expensive than POR15, and easier for me to get
because it is a 30 minute drive to the Eastwood Co. store for me.

>From what I have read, POR15 is probably a marginally better rust
converter/preventer, but Eastwood has a very good reputation, so I trust their
products.  I know that POR15 should be painted after it is applied.

I am not familiar with Extend.  You mentioned that it is an etching primer,
which is a different type product than POR15 or Corroless, which actually
convert rust to a stable material and prevent further rusting.

For more, go to: POR-15 - http://www.por15.com
Eastwood - http://shop.eastwoodco.com

YMMV, and make sure you remove any loose rust, dirt, grease and oil before
applying ANYTHING!

List?

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget (DSP)