Re: Fiberglass Floorboards (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)

To: Mike Gigante <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Fiberglass Floorboards (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)
From: Valentine <valntine@mail.ptd.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 23:23:29 -0500
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Ajhsys@aol.com, Lancer7676@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank and List,

Mike is absolutely correct on this!  Phosphoric acid in a dilute form is
the BEST way to desolve rust and leave the good metal intact.  (It is
the active ingriedent in Naval Jelly).

I have further information on this if anyone cares to read a fairly
technical paper concerning rust desolvers.

There is a better way if the parts are relatively small, (the dip tank I
set up at your house Frank).  I use electrolytic rust removal, and have
three or four tanks running all the time.  Anyone interested in a VERY
safe way to remove rust may contact me.

Kevin