Re: Fiberglass Floorboards (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)

To: byers@cconnect.net, spridgets@autox.team.net, ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: Fiberglass Floorboards (was Re: DIY Carpet + DPO)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:09:26 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/17/99 9:44:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
byers@cconnect.net writes:

<< Hi, Spridgeteers!
 One of the ways of curing "oil-canning" floors is to apply a fiberglass
 patch of one or two plies.  The fiberglass will actually stiffen the floor
 so that it does not flex.  Before applying the fiberglass, make sure the
 surface is absolutely clean and oil/grease free.

 I applied Corroless to prevent further rusting and fiberglass patches to
 repair the rust holes in the floors of my Big Healey back in the '80s when
 my bodywork and welding skills were rudimentary.  Recently, I removed them
 to do proper weld repairs instead, but they were perfectly fine as they
 were, with no more rust in the floor.

 Steve Byers >>

Ulix and Steve,

This is what I am hoping will work in my '77 Midget.  I haven't used
fiberglass.  Is it readily available in auto parts stores?  Maybe I'm jumping
the gun a bit, as I haven't removed the seats and carpets yet!  (Another
surprise for me?!?)

TIA,

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget (DSP)