Re: need honest response.....please

To: GMari58175@aol.com, ldsp@flash.net, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: need honest response.....please
From: Lancer7676@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 06:42:30 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 3/2/99 0:15:47 AM EST, GMari58175@aol.com writes:

<<  I  always thought this group was a little more honorable towards each
  other.....or is it just certain ones to beware? >>

I like to think this too--I look at this exchange as a "safe haven" where I
can ask a question and know I am going to get a reasonable response--not like
some mechanics who will answer with $ signs in their eyes.  By the same token,
I like to think that we all will be up front and honest about our selling
items back and forth, and so far I have not been disappointed.  In fact I have
gotten a lot of stuff just for the asking, and have sent some stuff just for
the asking.  And then there is stuff that we buy and have no need for that we
must ask a fair price for.  On here, from my personal viewpoint, anything that
I send, donate, sell, will always be accepted back (within a reasonable
time--after a little while I am going to buy a beer with the money) if it is
the wrong thing or not as described.

On the other hand, this IS a public forum and there is no checking to see who
might enter and sell something someone else needs.  But that should happen
only ONCE!
After a reasonable attempt to work things out with the seller, perhaps any bad
deals should be opened up to the list so no one else gets burnt.

---David