Re: Ring gear

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ring gear
From: LBCarNut@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 1999 19:55:29 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank,
   The flywheel needs to stay in the freezer for at least 8 hours. The ring
gear needs to be at 400 degrees. In order to get it there you need to set the
oven as high as it will go and let it cook for about half an hour.(for some
reason even if you set the oven at 400 the flywheel does not reach that temp.)
Make sure you get the ring gear on the right way (the teeth are tapered in one
direction, you only get one shot at this). Lay it on the flywheel and tap it
on with a brass hammer. I prefer to use an acetylene torch and a temperature
crayon personally. but the oven has worked for me in the past.
Regards,
Peter.