Re: Tonneau cover

To: dwoerpel@wi.net, macleans@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Tonneau cover
From: Ronsoave@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 09:01:58 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 99-04-06 03:00:58 EDT, dwoerpel@wi.net writes:

> > > I am curious to learn more about Ron Soave's info on AUTOMAT; anybody
> use them?
>  > > Regards,
>  > > Dave

Dave,
Here's what I found on Listquest from last year (not much).  I last had
experience with them in 1994 with a good carpet kit I helped a friend install
on a TR-6.  Full disclaimers...

Ron wrote:
<< Ulix,
I don't know if they're still around, but there was a place called Automat in
NY in Hicksville. I did find a phone # on the web - (516) 938-7373  .  I
                       bought a closeout $100 set for my old MGB that blew
away the "deluxe" crap
                       I got from, ahem, a major retailer. They were on the
expensive side, but
                       ask about closeouts.  They advertised in Road and
Track for years back in
                       the days of Barbara Eden with a girl in a bikini under
the ad line "Car Pet
                       Anyone?"  Ah, simpler times... >>

George Marinos:
                      I have been to Automat though not recently.  Spoke with
the owner and saw
                      their operation.  Top shelf!  They have original
patterns for every car
                      imaginable.  Bought my hardura set for myoldbugeye
there, and was top rate.
                      Usual disclaimers.

                      george marinos