Re: Bugeye Transmission broke!

To: Bruce Lowry <hotwheels@longviewtx.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Transmission broke!
From: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 09:13:19 -0600
Cc: "spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

Bruce,

Sorry about the tranny.  Don't have any ideas for you there.

But as to your oil temp/pressure it is not horrible.  From my experience
running at 190 is fine and normal for the highway.  25 lbs is a little low
but not terrible.  Prior to rebuild mine would drop to 10 lbs and I drove
it that way for 15 years.  After rebuild  it generally starts at 60 - 80
and drops to about 40 at continuous highway speeds.  I know people who have
raced cars all season with lower pressure than yours.

I'm interested in hearing from other listers about what is normal and
acceptable.

Herb