Re: Busted axle shaft?!!

To: Packy Coleman <deadboy@hooked.net>
Subject: Re: Busted axle shaft?!!
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:50:07 -0400
Cc: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Packy Coleman wrote:

> So this past Sunday I'm pretty sure that my own Sprite decided to break
> an axle just as I was beginning to enjoy the warm sunny weather.

What to do when you snap an axle.......
Like Mike said but I have never seen one snap at the wheel end, I have
snapped about 8 or so all at the diff end.
If it broke "clean" and did not twist off, you can use a broom handle to
push the stub out from the other side. (pull the pumpkin)
New gaskets and "O" rings for sure.

My last snapped axle was at Encounter during the autocross, snapped it
around 9:00 and had it fixed and in the show by 11:00. This was done
with bare bones hand tools and in the parking lot 2 hours from home.
Junk yard axle cost $50.
I do have a few spare axles if you do not want to go for a new one.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ