Re: stubborn axle oil leak

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stubborn axle oil leak
From: Ric Otte <otte@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:58:25 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Paul,

I'm certain the vent hole is open, at least I can put my screwdriver down
into it.  But I've never heard of a repair piece for a scratched seal area.
It looks to me like this seal area is steel and is simply a part of the
axle tube assembly.  I didn't think it came off.  I agree that it would be
easier to replace that, if possible, but if the bearing seal area is one
piece with the axle tube, that wouldn't seem possible. Are you sure this
piece alone can be removed?

Ric