Radio Noise

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radio Noise
From: "DeRitha Harding Gunn" <harding632@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:02:03 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
hello;

if you want to keep the non-resistor plugs and solid copper wire ignition
cables, then connect a two thousand micro farad (2000 mf) capacitor across
(i.e. in parallel to the radio) your radio power lead.  the best location is
to connect one lead wire of the capacitor to just where the power lead
enters your radio and the other capacitor lead wire to any point on the car
chassis ground.

the capacitor (also known as condenser) should be rated for at least twice
your system voltage.

the radio noise is radio frequency "rf" and rides along the power line to
your radio.  the capacitor will shunt the rf to ground and block the dc and
allow the dc to continue on to your radio.

your mileage may vary,

bob