Re: Safety and Young Drivers in Spridgets

Subject: Re: Safety and Young Drivers in Spridgets
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 14:28:52 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Being a young driver myself, I might want to throw my 2 cents into the
mix...

>From personal experience, a hard car to drive is a safe car, you are  to
busy driving to make a fool of yourself, on my non syncro Land Cruiser with
the column shift, I was WAY to occupied driving to be doing ANYTHING else...
Most friends I know drive autos and study while driving... NOT GOOD... A
friend driving a new model Lincoln was putting make up on and she completely
totaled it and injured a few people... not a good experience... I know that
LOTS of parental driver training helps IMMENSELY probably 3 times more
effective then drivers ed...... and it is true today that allot of young
drivers, drive horribly.... When one drives... one should only drive... the
radio should be it.

I consider myself a good driver, and my Insurance agrees... it basically has
halved $ wise in 2 years of driving...

I should look into professional driving shools at tracks... that sounds
fun...

Toby