Re: Temporary removal of bonnet release pull

To: John Gottstein <gottstein@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Temporary removal of bonnet release pull
From: Mark Endicott <endicott@nashville.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 18:36:00 -0500
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
John Gottstein wrote:

> Hi,
>    I want to remove the vinyl covered panel  behind the radio console in
> my 1975 Midget.

John,

I replaced the release cable on my car last year and did it all from the
top.  I had the intake manifold off at the time and that gave me the
required room to get the old one off.  When I put the new one back on I
mounted it directly to the fire wall behind the interior panel.  Then I ran
the inside cable through a small metal grommet that I put in the interior
panel.  This way I can remove the interior panel by just removing the inside
wire of the release cable.  I also put a secondary release cable on the
release lever and ran it out through a hole behind the grill into the left
front wheel well.  I find that I use this release most of the time, it is
much easier that trying to pull the interior cable when you are outside the
car.  It wasn't the easiest job but wasn't near as hard as replacing the
wiper tubes without removing the dash.  Good luck with your project.

--
Mark
1970 Midget

http://members.home.net/mendicott/midget.html