fuel gauge questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel gauge questions
From: Bryan Vandiver <Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 15:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have information on the internal wiring of the bugeye fuel gauge??
My Gauge wasn't working at all, so I thought I'd open it up to find out why..

There are two small 'coils' locate on either side of the needle assembly inside
the gauge, but the 'hair fine' wires that were soldered to the needle assembly
have been broken off. Apparently a previous owner had unscrewed the coil
assmblies from the back of the case, and in the process the coils rotated,
breaking off the wires. the coils still look OK, and it looks like a 'simple
matter to resolder them, unfortunately I can tell which wire goes where. I
assume the two coils were attached to each other, but all I see is two loose
wires...
Any ideas???

Regards,
Bryan