Re: Event participation??

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Event participation??
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 21:13:10 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ed,

You are right that the clubs who put on the various Healey events hope that
they can at least break even and if things are good have a little money left
that can go to a charity.  At the same time there are occasions where
circumstance or some other item puts a different priority on one's time
and/or money.  At least my wife and I would not want to discourage anyone
from stopping by for a hour or two at one of our club events.  Our club
always holds Popular Choice shows in very public locations, not only for the
scenic presentation of the cars, but to encourage people to stop and look at
the cars and talk with the owners.  We are sure other clubs do the same
thing.  Over the years we have steadily increased club membership from "walk
in's" at such events.  In general I believe that we have also increased
member participation when they take a brief look at what is taking place at
these events.  We think that San Diego Club along with the Healey Association
(LA) put on a great event. We hope that those folks who only got to spend an
hour or so with us this time will be more active participants in the future.
We are certainly looking forward to seeing Mike (and his Sprite) on a more
regular basis as a registered particpant at future Healey events.

Bob and Annice
Committee members, 1999 WCM/CHW
Austin-Healey Club of San Diego (an independent club)
AHCA
AHCUSA