Re: Windshield to body weather stripping (bugeye)

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, "ldsp" <ldsp@flash.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Windshield to body weather stripping (bugeye)
From: "Robert J Carlson" <rjcarlson@webzone.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 17:32:21 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Believe it or not, the part came through Moss - yep, English. It did not
have a "Made in England" tag, but I find it hard to believe that it could
have been anything but Brit. (For what it's worth, the windscreen is now
installed and fits very well - although I had to rethread the front nuts for
added security.)

Does anyone know how these rubber strips are made? If it's a molding
process, I would expect a great deal of homogeneity - but if it's some
extrusion process, then I could easily see how the specs on these parts
could vary considerably.

In any event, the bugeye's got his normal snarl back - don't think I can
keep him chained to the garage any longer!!!!