Re: Wire Wheel Woes

To: "shawn tobin" <suhs2@hotmail.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheel Woes
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:47:02 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I assume the Discount Tire Store salesman was trained at the Discount Brain
Store. You are correct, you need tubes. Let your fingers do the walking and
look for a tire shop that specializes in imports or racing or performance
cars. Also, make sure that they are comfortable dealing with wire wheels.
Some shops won't touch them. This is especially critical (I am told)
because of the small diameter of spridget wheels. They can be damaged by
some of the modern hydraulic bead busters.

---
On 8/18/99, shawn tobin wrote:
>I'm not whining but;
>Today I was told by my friendly Discount Tire Store salesman that it was
>against the law for me to get a tube put in my tire which I thought wire
>wheels necessitated.  He refused to even listen to what I had to say.
>What's a poor boy supposed to do?  I guess I'll have to resort to one of
>those back-alley tire stores where it's not sterile and....
>
>Shawn Tobin
>'69 Midget 5spd daily driver

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision