Re: how do you say Tonneau

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: how do you say Tonneau
From: "John C. Gottstein" <gottstein@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:39:43 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Pronounced Tun - Oh.

It may be a little more refined if you actually speak French.

You don't need the bar.  I don't use it so I can put my seat all the way
back.  If you can sew, than you could probably make your own tonneau cover.
You need snaps and a couple of those Tenax fasteners (well 6, really).  You
can find them really cheap when there are vendors at shows and swap meets.
I got a top cover for something like $5 or $10.  The guy had a full tonneau
cover for, say $20 or best offer.  It wasn't new by any means, but a little
armor made my top cover pretty.

The top cover only covers the vinyl top, and not the car's cabin.  I like it
better, because it doesn't obstruct my seatbelts, and I can hear my speakers
better.

Later,
          John Gottstein

1975 Midget