RE: how do you say... ah yes

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: how do you say... ah yes
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:58:32 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Since my first language is french, I'll answer the first question:

In french tonneau means "wine barrel", somersault", or just plain "cover".
So by saying tonneau cover we are really just saying "cover cover". You
pronounce it like the word "ton" (as in 2000 lbs.) and "no". Try saying
"ton-no". This is probably the way you were pronouncing it anyway. To really
get it right you have to have a french accent. I love the way Americans
pronounce french words. My favorite is converting the family name "Lefebvre"
into "Le Fever". Don't even ask what the french word for "seal" is.

For your second question: I would assume that, provided it doesn't rain, you
don't need the bars.

Now seal off,

Daniel58612