Tire Tip

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire Tip
From: "Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D." <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 08:39:53 EST5EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
List,

I went to my Healey Club meeting in Louisville last night and got a
tip that I would like to share with the List.  The tip has to do with
wire wheels.  It seems you need to make absolutely sure that you
remove all stickers/decals from the INSIDE of the tires before
installing on wire wheels.  These stickers may eventually rub a hole
in the inner-tube.  Even if made of paper, get those stickers out.
On a recent trip, a club member experienced a flat due to a sticker
on the inside.  As the discuss grew, it seems that others had the
same experience.

FWIW,
Paul

Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.