Re: Valve keepers

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Valve keepers
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 11:38:48 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Nope,

Once you remove the valve cotter circlip, the cotters are easily removed,
though you may need a pair of needle nose pliers or tweezers to grasp them.
Once in a while there may be carbon build-up on a valve stem making the
valve difficult to remove, but it can usually be driven out with a little
pressure.

Gerard

At 10:56 AM -0700 9/3/99, Ron Soave wrote:
>Gearheads,
>Local machine shop is too backed up to do any work for
>a while, and I have a simple job to do on a 1275 head.
> Are there any special tools (other than a spring
>compressor) required to remove the valve keepers
>(collets)on a 1275 head?
>
>TIA,
>Ron

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux