Re: Cars and Culture (No Real LBC Content)

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cars and Culture (No Real LBC Content)
From: "Robert Duquette" <RobertDuquette@Sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 07:45:42 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Ever try listening to Ron Wood's, Keith Richard's or Bill Wyman's solo
works?  Forget Mick's stuff and depending on your tastes, watch for Charlie
Watts' work ( I Like 'Rocket 88', but the last one I got sounds like lounge
music.)  My favourite CD at the moment is Keith ... and the Ex-Pensive Winos
live at the Palladium ... .  It's a bootleg quality live album, recorded in
one take for his own personal momento.  Then he saw that people were paying
$75 for bad bootlegs and decided to release it.

New stuff coming out?  Have you listened to the Wallflowers ( Jacob Dylan )?
Pearl Jam has a 2 song CD out with 2 well done retro songs on it.  One of
them being 'Lass Kiss'.  How about the Beatles newer releases ( 3 out-takes
CDs and 'Live at the BBC' )?

Consider getting some 'best of' music like Chuck Berry, Roxy Music, Allman
Brothers, Stevie Ray Vaughn ( ooh! ), Talking Heads ... oh yeah, and Monty
Python Sings.  ( just don't play it around your kids . )

Robert D.