Re: Cars and Culture (No Real LBC Content)

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Cars and Culture (No Real LBC Content)
From: Herb_Goede@amsinc.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 14:10:45 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

The Datsun Fairlady (also known as the 240Z)  was introduced in 1970.  The
design and original development was actually done by TOYOTA and sold to
Datsun.   My quote of the Japanese proverb is correct according to the text
book and class I took on Japanese culture while working with Nipon
Telephone and Telegraph.  Check your facts.

The point which you missed was not a criticism, simply a statement of fact.
I'm a little tired of the acollades the automotive press loves to shower on
the Japanese auto industry for designs stolen from the rest of the
industry.

Herb G.