Re: Car show judging

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Car show judging
From: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:17:20 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
>From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
>Subject: RE: Car show judging
>
>Been there, done that. Speaking from experience, very true! In my opinion,
>when they start suing each other and flinging accusations of "slander" over
>a god d*%#ed car show, it's time to pack up the pup tent and go home.

I don't think that anything argumentitive occured.  I was simply impressed
to the degree that the judging took.  Never having been to anything other
than a popularly judged scene.

Frankly, since my Midget is the only car I've seen with surface rust on the
front of the bonnet, I have been disappointed that I have not been winning
any Diamond in the Rough awards, especially since this is the last season in
which I will be able to compete in that department (!).  If only this
distinction was judged, I'd be truly happy.

>Yes, I'm building a "concours" early '58 Bugeye. My feeling is it will
never
>see the concours field. For me, the joy of seeing a final product identical
>to the way it came out of the factory is worth all the headaches (and
$$'s).
>I love the chase. Nothing could make me happier than finding a set of green
>floor mats, or a nine stud windshield date coded April '58 (except maybe
>hitting a genuine "double" in a New England grouse cover with my dog
holding
>on point).

My dog is far to interested in going for a ride in the Midget than to go on
point.  But I was wondering if anyone ever mounted a gun rack in an LBC?  I
think I could fit about 20 phaesants in the boot, but I'd never be able to
drive one of these low-riding cars close enough to a good hunting area.  Why
is it that bird-hunting seems to go naturally with British sportscars?

Regards,

Charles
'74 Midget
'96 Border Collie