wax poll

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: wax poll
From: "shawn tobin" <suhs2@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:25:11 CDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Anybody got a favorite wax treatment to keep their car shiny?
My paint is now a couple of years old (urethane, no clearcoat) and I think I
better do something about those uv rays.  I've read you should use a glaze
before waxing to fill in the microscratches.  A friendly engineer told me
never to wax my car since the clear boundary of wax would trap the uv rays
and cause more deterioration but since then I've read that plant fats are
good uv absorbers disipating the rays as heat but enough science...
What is a good car wax to use?