Re: wax poll

To: suhs2@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wax poll
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 11:08:13 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 9/23/99 9:26:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
suhs2@hotmail.com writes:

<< Anybody got a favorite wax treatment to keep their car shiny?
 My paint is now a couple of years old (urethane, no clearcoat) and I think I
 better do something about those uv rays.  I've read you should use a glaze
 before waxing to fill in the microscratches.  A friendly engineer told me
 never to wax my car since the clear boundary of wax would trap the uv rays
 and cause more deterioration but since then I've read that plant fats are
 good uv absorbers disipating the rays as heat but enough science...
 What is a good car wax to use? >>

Meguiars!  The products are numbered, get #1, #2, and #3 to do a good job.
#1 cleans all the oxidation off the old paint.  #2 polishes, and #3 is the
wax.  I use the paste carnauba wax but they also have a liquid.  When I
polished my Mitsubishi the first time, I couldn't believe how red the car
actually was.

Now go find a nice shady spot and spend a few hours caressing your car.  Most
of us have found that a Siamese cat is best for wax application, and a
Persian cat works best for buffing.  (Wear leather gloves if the cats are
alive.)

You have to use a good quality wax to replace the oils that wash away.  Go to
the Meguiars web site for loads of useful info.  http://www.meguiars.com

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport