Re: wax poll

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, suhs2@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wax poll
From: Dan Dwelley <maine2me@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 10:42:45 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Our car club just had a tech. session on detailing a
car...done by a professional detailer. It was
recommended that we use a straight Carnuba wax (not a
cleaner wax)here is the rundown on the once per year
detail job.

1. Wash the car (use a car soap NOT laundry or Dish
soap...these will ruin the paint)and dry

2. Get a clay bar kit and use it(this cleans out the
dirt that adheares to the paint...There IS a noticable
difference in the feel and the look of the paint when
completed) Be sure to follow the directions for the
clay bar kit.

3. Use a polish on the car depending on the condition
of the paint, select what course of polish to use.
once againe follow the directions on the polish. This
will remove the light scratches and oxydation of the
paint.

4. I prefer to add this step before waxing but you
don't need to. I use a sealer/glaze after
polishing...this will help hide some of the haze...if
there is any and will help seal the paint.

5. Wax with a 100% Carnuba wax...not a cleaner wax...a
cleaner wax will remove the sealer/glaze you just
applied. ensure that you mist the car with a little
water (spray bottle) before you wax, the water mist
will help you spread the wax better. Once the wax is
dry...buff.

Once this is done, all you should need to do for the
rest of the year is wash the car and apply another
coat of wax as described in step 5.
The next year, repeat the steps 1 - 5.

Good luck,

Dan