Re: Rear Disk Brakes

To: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>, "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Rear Disk Brakes
From: "David Riker" <davidr@sunset.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:21:59 -0700
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At the Hayward British car meet this last summer I got to talking with a guy
who had a much less expensive solution to our rear axle upgrade challenges.
He took a bone yard RX-7 3rd member, and had it narrowed to fit the
spridget.  If I remember right, that gave him stronger axles, better seals,
limited slip, 3.7 axle ratio, and rear disc brakes with an e-brake, all for
less than the cost of racing axles.  Sounded worth looking into.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget
63 Falcon